The global hydroponics market, valued at USD 2.2 billion in 2021, is set to experience substantial growth with a projected Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 20.3 percent during the forecast period. The surge in hydroponic systems adoption for indoor crop cultivation, particularly for vegetables, is a primary driver of this high growth rate. Furthermore, the legalisation of marijuana in several countries, such as Canada, the Czech Republic, and South Africa, is propelling the use of hydroponic methods for cannabis cultivation. The demand for hydroponics is expected to rise as consumers prioritize pesticide-free, nutrient-dense produce and seek to reduce the negative health impacts of conventional agriculture.
For More Industry Insights Read: https://www.fairfieldmarketresearch.com/report/hydroponics-market
Key Report Findings
- Alternative Agriculture Driving Growth: The shift towards alternative agriculture methods, particularly hydroponics, is attributed to the rising demand for efficient, high-yield crop cultivation. The need to feed an increasing global population, predicted to reach 9.1 billion by 2050, is driving the exploration of innovative farming techniques like hydroponics.
- Technology Advancements Fueling Expansion: Technological advancements in sensing technologies, climate control, and nutrient film techniques are predicted to boost the market. Hydroponic farming solutions providers offer a range of sensors, web platforms, software, and mobile apps to monitor and control crops remotely. IoT-enabled systems enable automatic data collection and remote monitoring, contributing to the markets significant growth potential.
Hydroponics Market: COVID-19 Impact
The COVID-19 pandemic has shifted consumer preferences towards self-made meals and home cooking, leading to increased demand for home-grown produce. Health and food safety concerns have driven individuals to adopt urban hydroponic farming systems, reducing their reliance on outside food sources. Additionally, disruptions in global supply chains have highlighted the importance of domestic and local food production, further fueling interest in hydroponic farming.
Hydroponics Market: Drivers
- Resource Conservation Boosts Adoption: Hydroponic farmings ability to produce crops without extensive land use is a significant advantage. The vertical stacking of plants minimizes space requirements and resource consumption. Hydroponic systems enable greater crop yield within a smaller footprint, reducing land and energy costs for farmers.
Hydroponics Market: Restraints
- High Capital Investment for Large Farms: The initial capital required for setting up a hydroponic farm, including equipment such as HVAC systems, irrigation, and control systems, poses a challenge. Large-scale hydroponic farms require substantial investments, which can deter potential market growth.
Hydroponics Market: Segment Overview
- Aggregate Systems Lead: Aggregate systems, supported by inert media like rock wool or coconut coir, held the majority market share of around 55% in 2021. These systems offer easy setup and cost-efficiency. Liquid systems, which eliminate the need for solid media, are predicted to experience rapid growth due to their suitability for closed system farming and high yields.
- Vegetable Cultivation Dominates: Vegetable cultivation within hydroponic systems contributes the largest revenue share. Hydroponic methods enable rapid vegetable growth throughout all seasons and provide control over external factors like temperature and nutrient content. Hydroponics can also mitigate disease outbreaks, further boosting vegetable cultivation in this manner.
Hydroponics Market: Regional Landscape
- Europe Leads with Greenhouse Farming: Europe dominated the global hydroponics market, driven by the adoption of cutting-edge farming methods and greenhouse practices. Government initiatives promoting sustainable agriculture contribute to the regions growth. The Netherlands, for example, is at the forefront of advanced hydroponic practices.
- Asia-Pacifics Rising Adoption: The Asia-Pacific region, including countries like China, Australia, and South Korea, is projected to witness the fastest growth in hydroponics adoption. Urban hydroponic farms and the need for innovative farming methods in water-scarce regions are driving market expansion.
Global Hydroponics Market: Competitive Landscape
Leading players like InFarm, Bright Farms, and Hydrodynamics International are actively contributing to the growth of the hydroponics market through innovative solutions and expansions. These companies aim to address the rising demand for sustainable agriculture and high-quality produce.
As the world grapples with food security challenges and environmental concerns, hydroponics emerges as a promising solution, offering efficient resource use and consistent crop yields.
Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2023-2030 By Product, Technology, Grade, Application, End-user, Region: (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East and Africa) https://www.fairfieldmarketresearch.com/report/hydroponics-market
Hydrogen Peroxide Market
Hydrogen Peroxide Market
Fairfield Market Research is a UK-based market research provider. Fairfield offers a wide spectrum of services, ranging from customized reports to consulting solutions. With a strong European footprint, Fairfield operates globally and helps businesses navigate through business cycles, with quick responses and multi-pronged approaches. The company values an eye for insightful take on global matters, ably backed by a team of exceptionally experienced researchers. With a strong repository of syndicated market research reports that are continuously published & updated to ensure the ever-changing needs of customers are met with absolute promptness.
Fairfield Market Research
UK +44 (0)20 30025888
USA (Toll-free) +1 (844) 3829746
This press release first seen on Brilad
Disclaimer: The views, suggestions, and opinions expressed here are the sole responsibility of the experts. No Boston New Times journalist was involved in the writing and production of this article.